The internet is full of guides for optimizing your video settings in CSGO. The problem is not finding a credible source. The problem is that different guides work for different people.
Therefore, we haven’t compiled our own guide. Instead, we have dug out the best resources on the internet for you. We then provide 5 steps that will enable you to maximize output for your setup.
- Take screenshots of your Nvidia settings in CSGO. Organize them in a folder on your desktop. This enables you to test different setups without the fear of messing up.
- Close all processes that are not needed for CSGO in task manager. You do not want any program to undermine your test-result by using capacity during your tests.
- Test the complete reccomended settings of a guide with the FPS benchmark map to track performance. (The map can be found here) Note down your FPS from the complete reccomended settings of 3 guides. Run each setup at least 2 times to make sure the result is correct. Preferably you test them one by one, and do 2 cycles.
- Implement the settings that gave you the best performance.
- Experiment with “user’s choice” options. Most guides will inform you that a few choices are up to you. It will either say that this depends on your PC, or that it does not affect performance, and is purely preferential. This is not always the case. Test the different options within the guide that worked best for you, and repeat step 1-3 to optimize.
Guides by text
- Guide by Win.GG (March, 2020) – This guide is particularly great because it explains the effect of every option in a consise and understandable way. It also points out if a setting is preferential or optimal. Scroll down about halfway for nvidia settings.
- Guide by dailyesports.gg (March, 2020). This guide differs slightly from the guide of win.gg, and does not offer explanations. It could still provide better performance for certain computers. Try it out and compare.
Guides by video
Guide by Pajno (Jan, 2020) – This guide is great and even though it is timestamped at nvidia settings block, it is well worth a full watch. Fast, consise, and thorough. However, it is not purely made for CSGO.
Guide by Twistzz (Pro CSGO player – May, 2020) – Twistzz is one of the best pro players in the game. In this video he shows his personal settings and explains why he has chosen them.
If you come across a guide that you believe is better than any of these options, feel free to drop us a message labeled “nvidia settings” at: email@example.com or hit us up on twitter @dunknade1